Miss Lori’s Nursery School Newsletter for May 13
Dear Nursery Families,
I am so glad to hear everyone had a good Mother’s Day! It was fun hearing about it during our Zoom meeting on Monday! I was so happy to see most of our class on Monday- we are definitely missing a few of our friends. I hope one of these days we can have our complete class together on Zoom!!!
I was thinking of a fun “homework “assignment to do with your children over the weekend. (IF POSSIBLE-don’t stress if you can’t!) It is a “SCAVENGER HUNT”- Each child will need a brown bag, plastic bag, large Ziploc, a box or even some type of Tupperware to place items into. Your child will then “SHOW” us these items and “Tell” us about these items on their assigned date as written below.
Miss Lori’s Scavenger Hunt:
1) Place an item that is Mommy’s favorite color inside your bag.
2) Place an item that is Daddy’s favorite color inside the bag.
3) Cut out or draw a picture of something your child likes to do with their family and place this in the bag.
4) Put your child’s favorite treat inside the bag.
5) Draw or cut out a picture of ONE thing that reminds your child of Spring when they are outside with you and place this in the bag.
6) Tell us something that makes Mommy and Daddy laugh.
7) What is your child’s favorite activity to do while he/she is at home? Draw a picture, cut out a picture, print a picture or simply tell us. Place this in the bag if possible.
8) Have your child draw a picture of how they feel after they Zoom with us.
9) Place your child’s favorite pajamas to wear to bed in the bag.
10) Find something from our class at Red Robin that your child has brought home this year and put that in the bag.
Each child will have a turn to share their Scavenger Hunt items with us. Each child will be assigned a specific date. If this date doesn’t work, please let me know and we will change it. There’s always “Face Time” if your work schedules are too crazy during our scheduled Zoom times.
HAVE FUN! DON’T STRESS! Do what you can- there’s no right or wrong… Do all of it, some of it or none of it if you can’t. I love ALL of your children no matter what!
MONDAY-May 18: Sahana, Ellis, Daniel, Taylor, Ethan
THURSDAY-May 21: Nate, Mason, Adam, Liam, Skyler
MONDAY-May 25: Niam, Mona, Ally, Luisa, Myles
THURSDAY-May 28: Aadam, Aragon, Mehnaz, Sage
If you have any questions, feel free to text me, e-mail me or call me. I have sent everyone their Zoom invitation for Thursday. I am looking forward to Zooming with everyone. Monday’s Zoom was so much fun! Thank you to all of my parents for making time for your child to Zoom with us!!! As soon as I see your children, I have the biggest smile on my face. I wish I could hug each and every one of them!!! So instead I am sending a huge hug to all of my girls and boys.